Vegan Sourdough French Toast
Recipe by: Thug Ktichen
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chia or flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 loaf Lockwood sourdough bread
- 1 1/2 tablespooons nutritional yeast
- In a pie pan or shallow dish, mix together the ground chia seeds and flour. Slowly whisk in the milk so it doesn't get lumpy. Now let that sit for 15 minutes. Cut the bread up into 1-inch thick slices while you wait.
- Whisk the batter after 15 minutes and then slowly add the nutritional yeast and stir. Heat your pan of medium heat. Soak your bread slices in the batter for a couple seconds on each side and then throw them right on the pan. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes a side, or until they look golden and tasty.